As the country is in shock following the attack on Brasilia, Brazil’s top politicians – from Lula da Silva to the Minister of Justice – and the federal authorities in the Brazilian capital have pledged to use every resource at their disposal to identify the protesters who have invaded the center of Brazilian power.
For now, the numbers seem to confirm the efforts of the authorities: about 1,500 people have been detained in the last 24 hours – and are increasingly identified by the media. For the success of this work, they helped social movements in social networks. (including the creation of Instagram pages designed to compile videos and photographs of the demonstrators), as well as the nonchalance of the rebels themselves, many of whom proudly filmed themselves as they marched through the country’s capital.
According to an O Globo poll, there are far more among the invaders than just Jair Bolsonaro’s anonymous supporters: politicians, losing candidates, TV stars and even members of the former president’s family were in Brazil to attack the headquarters of the three powers. .
Check out a list of some of the major players in the Brasilia invasion:
- Adriano Castro is 54 years old, he is an artist, but, above all, known for participating in the first edition of Big Brother Brasil (BBB).. He also has a political commentary YouTube channel, “Didi RedPill”, which has over 200,000 subscribers.
- Simon Patriota is one of the organizers of the Bolsonaro camp. which blocked an avenue next to the Escola de Cadetes in Campinas, São Paulo state.
From geolocation to video surveillance. How the Brazilian police will identify the attackers of the Bolsonarist fans
- Samuel Faria, a protester from the state of São Paulo, was identified after he filmed himself on camera in the Chamber of Deputies. In the video, the man took the opportunity to thank his “patriotic friends” as well as those who funded the event through apps like PIX (the Brazilian equivalent of MBWay).
- In addition to Bolsonaro’s supporters, members of his family also took part in the demonstration. This is the case of the former president’s nephew and cousin of his three children. Also, the politician and Liberal Party candidate for the Legislative Chamber of the Federal District shared several videos and photos on his social networks. But as the protests intensified and the invasion began, Indio seemed to distance himself. “Many wounded, many rescued. Patriots do not commit acts of vandalism,” he wrote on social media.
- Pamela Borio, the former first lady of Paraiba, was in Brazil accompanied by her minor son. Curious, her ex-husband and former Brazilian state governor Ricardo Coutinho is a member of PT.
- Also present were several politicians and candidates who lost in the October elections: Clézio Ferreiro, candidate for mayor of Ouro Preto, Minas Gerais; Gilberto da Silva Ferreira, Deputy Councilor of Nova Santa Rita in Rio Grande do Sul; José Ruy, adviser to Inhumas, Goiás; Lucivania Pinheiro Barbosa, the losing candidate in the São Paulo state elections; Maria Aguiar Germano, defeated by a state candidate in Ceara; Marcos de Morais; former Deputy Mayor of Pancas in Espirito Santo; Thiago Queiroz was defeated in the state elections in Minas Gerais.